If you have a trouble or a bug — please, write about it in this forum
otrotabi
Hello everyone ! I started using MyChat recently. I needed an intranet chat that could work under XP Windows because we have one machine that controls a process that only runs on XP and I found this solution.

I think the first version we used was 2023.5 and everything worked fine, including VNC remote control.

However, after upgrading to 2023.6 the chat stopped working and I get this message: Error #0017: a user with this UIN (-1) is not registered on the server

Tthere´s also error #0315: encryption is impossible because the operating system is too old. I do not care for encryption though I will probably upgrade this machine in the future.

My question is : are both issues related ?

VNC still works fine.
Attachments
Snipaste_2023-10-05_10-37-08.jpg
Snipaste_2023-10-05_10-37-08.jpg (81.02 KiB) Viewed 17233 times
Alona Kutsenko
Hello!

These issues are not connected.

Please, provide the log file from the client that has this issue. Find the file in: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\MyChat Client\logs\2023\10\06\mcserv.log (or wherever this file is located on your local computer).
otrotabi
Thanks for your help.

I attach the log file. Also a screenshot of the users list in case that helps.

Regards

José
Attachments
users.jpg
users.jpg (44.79 KiB) Viewed 17219 times
(1.52 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
Alexey Pikurov
Ok, where is the #0017 error?

Code: Select all
[2023.10.06 07:42:52] [INFO] Authorization, login "PLASMA"...
[2023.10.06 07:42:52] [INFO] Login successful, UIN=2
[2023.10.06 07:42:53] [INFO] Connected to text chatroom "Main", UID 1
Alona Kutsenko
Can you also describe how to get this error? Did it just start to show up after the update, or perhaps you made some unusual actions in the settings, etc.?
otrotabi
Hi Alexey,

It does not show in the log file now that you mention it. I attached a screenshot of what pops up on the screen when you send a message to someone else on my post.
otrotabi
Hi Alona,

I set up a new client by downloading the client software from your site and then I noticed the fact that the server needed to be upgraded from 2023.5 to 2023.6, which I did.

I can not tell the exact moment the issue started but I did not change anything on that machine (at least that I can remember), actually it is a dedicated machine for the specific purpose of controlling a process.

I might go back to the initial server and see what happens if you want me to.

Regards
Alona Kutsenko
In this video, you are replying to "Old message". Can you close this reply and send a message again, does the issue repeat?
otrotabi
It does not pop up. It seems to be working now.

What were we doing wrong ?
Alona Kutsenko
You were not doing anything wrong, that's on our side :) We will work on the logic of message replies and editing to avoid such inconveniences in the future.

Thank you for your report and additional information that helped to understand the situation.

Have a nice day!
otrotabi
You too ! Thanks and regards.