If you have a trouble or a bug — please, write about it in this forum
Timber
Good Day,

Our customer is having the following problem:

- History for Private User Chat is not saved after user logs out and back in. History is empty. This is only for private chat. Regular chat saves in history.

- We found that this may be due to temp users being created/used that isn't tied to created users in active directory. We show a list of temp users that are not related to ADUC.

- We already followed the active directory integration walkthrough.

- We've also checked settings and verified that they are correct.

The customer is under the impression that the history for private chat does not save via the 'Free' version. Could this also be the case? If so, that is understandable however there is still the matter of the temp users being created each chat rather than using the active directory accounts.
Alona Kutsenko
Hello!

The history is stored on the server and the client's database. If you see no history, it means, that you did not set it up.
To answer more clearly, we need you to make a backup of the server and the client's database backup and send us to [email protected]

Specify which exact private dialogue has no history (who wrote to whom).

A client's database is located in the folder C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\MyChat Client\db\

A server's database backup copy is performed on Admin Panel, the section "Settings", "Backups", the button "Make backup now".
Timber
Thanks for the response.

I have attached a zip file holding the DB directory for one of the users were we were seeing the issue. It is missing the file name "mcclient.lock" as it's being used by the clients. I can attempt to obtain this file but it would be very difficult as there isn't really any downtime where I can move everyone off of the server to reboot and pull that file. The users are actively on the Terminal Server using MyChat 24/7

Also is included the config from the admin panel.

Please let me know should something else become needed.

The private dialogs would be between the users but there isn't any dialogs I can pull for an example as there are none listed in private chat currently. They vanish as soon as the user logs out.
Attachments
(4.93 MiB) Downloaded 224 times
Alona Kutsenko
Hello.
You have 8578 users with the same names, a huge number of duplicates. Why do you need that much and how do you create them?

The client's database you provided — 28 of the same accounts "lblissit". For what?

How do you create new users, describe the exact steps on the client computers? How do you launch them?